Tuesday, March 04, 2008

03.03.2008
Day Sixteen:
More travel

This morning I awoke to find more rain on my little balcony overlooking the Rue de Ecoles. I was a bit disappointed in the weather I must say because I have had fairly good weather for most of my trip, although the mornings have started out pretty overcast, but the afternoon was full of sun. It seems like today was another one of those days looking back, however it’s too late now.

I packed up the rest of my junk and got downstairs to try to head over to Le Pantheon (pronounced ‘le panty-on’). It was raining the whole way and was down right cold and windy and nasty as I walked up the hill over there. once I got there, the place was all locked up, and had a bunch of construction and production type people setting up lights and all kinds of other stuff, so that was definitely disappointing.

The weather cleared up a bit as I headed back to the hotel to check out and get to the airport, but not without a stop at the BIA right down the street. BIA stands for Breakfast in America, and it is a typical American diner. I was kind of craving some good American food before getting on the plane, so I stopped here. I was trying to make it all the way without too much American stuff, but I had a craving, sue me.

It was a good experience overall, the food was pretty good and everyone in there was American and sharing their different experiences so far as well as proper French etiquette and metro instructions. All of these things, I was now an expert in, so I was not surprised by any of their suggestions.

After breakfast I headed back to get my bags and catch the shuttle over to the airport, which was quite an experience. The van was completely packed by the time we actually tried to head to the airport with bags piled up to the roof of the car. The shuttle driver was Sri Lankan as was my first one, but not as friendly. I arrived at the airport in plenty of time and my flight was late, probably due to all of the crappy weather they are having in the north west of Europe. We finally got rollin a bit later, but the flight was good and Mr. O’Sullivan was there to get me at the airport.

After a quick nickel and dime tour of the plant, we headed out to dinner and out for a quick tour of the plant. Cork is a nice town, with only 130,000 people. It’s a nice little town that’s developed rather recently, but still has plenty of old parts in it. I have a lot more to say, but I don’t have much time here and my battery on the laptop might run out because I don’t have the lame plug they have here.

So here are a few last pics from Paris:

Paris, Fr - Day Sixteen


And here are a few pics from my arrival in Cork.

Cork, Ireland - Day Sixteen

So check out the pics and captions now, sorry I couldn't get anything more complete to you. The internet is garbage in my Ireland room and most of this I typed while my flight was delayed. So I hope you enjoy what I have so far.

TTYL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home