07.18.2008
Day Four: TGIF!!!
The work day today was quite long but started off fairly well. I actually got up on time. I met some of the guys from
We chatted for a bit and I talked to them about my org chart problem that I showed you yesterday, and all of the other gripes I have had in the last 3 months about this program. I guess I’ll spout off to anyone that will listen. Hahha…..
So after I got into the office, Daniel and I got some coffee (which are really so small it’s almost useless) and got to work. We continued on the slides and spent some time discussing a few new ideas of how to increase the accuracy of some stuff we are designing to be more compliant with what’s required.
Soon enough, it came time to go to lunch and we headed over to Moog Toulouse (TF) to pick up the
So they have two menus, one in French and one in English. So we get 3 English ones (one for me and two for the Brits) and one in French for Daniel. In going through the menu, there were some sketchy translations that made me laugh. One was “The team of Espace Vital hope to set you agog” as seen below.
This was obviously a Babelfish translation gone horribly wrong. There was also this weird category of food under “Served on Flaky Boil” which I guess somehow translates into salad? I dunno. I never figured that one out.
I stayed conventional and got a pizza. This one had a tomato base and had ham, chorizo, and cheese, but no egg. The chorizo here isn’t like the pasty chorizo in LA, it’s solid meat, like you can slice it off like a piece of salami. So that’s the dark meat on there and the lighter pink meat is the ham.
It was really good and I have been craving this pizza since I arrived. It’s really good and there’s nothing like it in LA. The cheese is so much different as well as the tomato sauce, it’s really good. They also serve this pizza with a crème base, but I didn’t think my stomach could take that and a beer, so I stuck to the tomato base.
So right next door is Moog TF which is being remodeled right now. If this building was finished, we’d be working in there instead of the dungeon, also known as the Airbus basement. So here are some colorful, yes colorful pictures of the inside.
I guess the French offices are fairly colorful in general, so this isn’t out of the ordinary I’m told. I dunno that I could deal, but it doesn’t seem to bother anyone here.
So, I saw this guy cutting a piece of tile outside of Moog TF.Now, I’m really sorry I didn’t get the front side of this guy because it was classic. He was standing there using this fairly high speed saw to cut this really small piece of tile he had pushed up against his hip while having a cigarette dangling from his mouth. Dangerous much? I think so. No safety glasses, no safety shoes, no hard hat……nothing. It’s awesome. I think our safety lady would have a heart attack if she saw that.
On the way back, I was asking Daniel how people park in spaces like this.
I really think its close to impossible. I mean with these small cars and some practice I could get it down, but dang, I dunno that I would have the energy to jam my car in a space that big (small) every time I wanted to park. Thanks to the
Sweet lowrider in the Airbus parking lot. lol.
When I first got in this morning, Daniel asked if I would like to come over and meet his wife and two kids and have dinner with them. I was very happy that I would finally meet his family. After talking with the guy everyday for the last 6 months, it’s really nice to meet his wife and kids that he always talks about. So I followed him in his yellow truck over to his house, which is about 20 minutes away.
He has a nice little townhouse that he bought about 3 years ago and remodeled a bit to make it more comfortable. At the time, it was just the two of them and their little boy Aubin (pronounced O-bin) so it is a narrow townhouse with three levels; however they admit now with a baby girl Anouk (not sure of the spelling here, but pronounced A-nook) it is a bit small.
It has been nicely remodeled with work he mostly did himself with the help of his father and his step-father. The thing I like the most is how the 2nd floor has an open ceiling up to the 3rd floor.
They sleep one the 3rd floor with the baby Anouk and Aubin’s room is on the 2nd floor. I asked him if he picked the decorations and he said “No, but I execute them,” which sounds just like how things go in the
What’s nice about his place is that even though he doesn’t have a backyard or a garden, has a nice park across the street (it also provides him with space to park his truck). The other thing that is nice is that it’s a small town that provides them with everything they need/want within walking distance.
So upon arrival, I met his two children, Aubin (boy, 2 ½ yrs) and Anouk (girl, 8 months) who are awesome. They are the cutest no? Its amazing how light their hair and eyes are when both their parents have dark eyes and dark hair.
After we met the kiddos, we had to jump on a conference call with the big shots at 7pm (10am PST) to go over some design work. That lasted an hour and after that, we walked down the corner to pick up the pizza they had ordered for dinner.
Dinner was very good and even though his wife Kris (I don’t know the spelling) didn’t speak much English, we understood each other just fine.
In the picture you can see the pizza above, some duck pate (green plate), garlic shrimp in olive oil (right bowl), fried duck skin (in the left bowl),
Here's a another pic of dinner a little earlier, but it doenst show all of the food.
Okies….well I’m off to explore
Aurevoir.


























1 Comments:
awww! you carried a BABY! not like KJ sized..but a BABY!!!?!?!? i'm proud of you!!! steps closer to you getting to babysit KJ!
Post a Comment
<< Home