07.21.2008
Day Seven: Longest Day EVER!!!
Sorry to disappoint, but today has been pretty long and fairly frustrating. I don't have very many pictures today except for my lunch and dinner.
The short story is, I got in the elevator by myself and around the 3rd floor I heard a loud crash and felt the elevator drop a few feet. It turns out that the elevator stalled between the 2nd and 3rd floors. I was pressing the 'alarm' button for a few minutes, but with no avail. I tried to pry the doors open, but that didn't work well either. I was able to get the inside doors open, but I was not strong enough to hold the hotel doors open and still climb out. I decided to call a guy back in Torrance who I was just talking to a few minutes before that who comes to France often. Thankfully he was at his desk and was able to call the Palladia and let them know that I was stuck. A few minutes later, a guy came with a huge screw driver to open the doors and I was able to climb out. I am just glad that the elevator didn't fall any further while I was trying to get out, that would have been bad.
Also, I found out today that the rest of the team from the East Coast (a team of 8 guys at least) is staying over at the Crowne Plaza hotel in the Capitole at 400EU a night, while I'm over here at 99EU a night. No wonder I couldn't bring some of my team with me, it was all eaten up by their team at some fancy hotel. MFers! Ok...I'm done monkuing about that.
Also, I found out that our presentation thats supposed to last only 8 hours has 257 slides. WTF. My team has only 25 of those. WTF!!! I have 1 hour of 8 to talk about 25 slides and they have 7 hours for 232 of them? That's 0.6 slides/minute. Ya right. Since I have the last 25 slides, they may never get to me. What are the odds of that? Pretty high I think. With all of my good luck I'll probably have to stay through until Friday. *ugh*
Since it's almost 1am, I am just gonna put up the pictures. I think you can figure out what is what.
Aurevoir for now.
Click here for pics from today.
PS - EDIT - Daniel's wife's name is spelled Christelle. That's much nicer than I thought it was. Good stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home