Tuesday, February 19, 2008

02.19.2008
Day Three:
The Pub

So, the pub was awesome. It was an English pub, so they had a full English menu with Sheppard’s pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips….etc. They also had a good amount of beer on tap, as you can see in the pics below (that I havent posted yet).

Instead of the Chelsea game, they had Liverpool versus Inter Milano on instead. It was a pretty good match, with Liverpool dominating the game in terms of time of possession and shots on goal, but they didn’t score until the 85th minute, and then again in the 90th minute. It was quite exciting, and as much as I think soccer is boring, it was a really good match. I think we might go again on Thursday for another match to watch a team near where he grew up in London.

So this colleague of mine is about 60 years old, probably more than that, but whatevers. He plays the bass in a band that does weddings and stuff, pretty neat. He used to be a back up for Creedence Clearwater Revival. He used to have his own plane, and he has about 6 houses now, its quite amazing this guy. Anyways, he grew up in London and has traveled the world in the aircraft business, so he’s a great guy to have around right now. It’s unfortunate that he’s going to leave me on Friday, but it’s been great having him here with me to help me out.

So I got a new ride, the Opel wasn’t cutting it for me. It was too soccer mom and it was hard to move in and out of the parking spaces. So instead, I got this excellent Ford Festiva! More pics later.

Overall, today was a good day. I definitely enjoyed myself today, even though most of it was spent by myself at work. However, I had a great lunch with the Moog Toulouse people at this pizza joint about 5 steps from the Moog shed. I had a great thin crust pizza there with chorizo, cheese, onions, and a white crème sauce. I know chorizo sounds gross, but it’s like this thinly sliced sausage, almost like pepperoni, but its got a much different taste, it was awesome. Combine that with a glass of wine and a café afterwards, it was perfect.

Anyways…time for bed and some pictures tomorrow.

Au revoir!

Here are the pics!!!


As the French say, AIRBOOOOOOOOSE



I tihnk this is the building where they sell Airbus gifts, not sure, but its huge either way.



The bottom of that brown building houses the Moog Dungeon. This was taken on the walk in from Moog Toulouse.



More Airbus. *YAWN*



See, I really am here!



The lunch spot! Its a few blocks down, but worth the walk.



Here are a few pics of the cemetery I passed on the way from Moog Toulouse to Airbus.







See, i told you the buildings next to my apartments were desolate. Check out these pics during the day!





The boards on the outside of the windows are actaully shutters, they aren't abandoned. But it still makes it look creepy.



WTF is all of this stuff. What an ugly interior!! And how are you supposed to drive with the stick shift up there!!?!?!



The beer on tap at "The Bell", and English pub about 10 minutes away.



Cheers!







1 Comments:

Blogger Ayami said...

Oh you know you just photoshopped yourself into that pic. Don't lie. You're not really over in France.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 12:01:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home