02.20.2008
Day Four:
They All Drive Like Shit!!!
Let me tell you two important rules of driving while in
So, evidently there is a rule on the roads in
The second rule about the lanes is totally true. In a roundabout, it’s just a freakin free for all. I really can’t explain how insane it is driving in a roundabout in traffic. Everyone just goes wherever they want. If the roundabout is 3 lanes wide, people are cutting in front of you going twice the speed into a small little turn. So since the one in front has the right of way, people just gun it into the corner. Let me illustrate below at the google maps version of the roundabout by the Airbus facility using a scenario that happened today. (Click to enlarge)
Also, to cross the street, you are supposed to just walk across without looking or waiting for cars. I know that’s completely scary and totally nerve-racking, but it works. I guess the theory is that in
So enough of the stories, let’s get to the fun stuff, and now that I think of it, it wasn’t really that fun. I spent most of the day in the Moog dungeon again. Lunch was some roast beef and mashed potatoes with gravy. It was pretty good, but the meat was pretty tough. My French comrade Daniel (pronounced Danielle) says its tough meat because its Italian beef. Suuuuuuuuuuuure. Anwyays, after work I tried to head out on the metro to the center of
More fun times as you can see below:
The tickets station for the metro looks like an ATM machine, but I just sells tickets and takes only credit and coins. WTF. How does it not take euros in bill form? Oh well, whatever.
So I picked up two roundtrip tickets for tonight and for Friday or Saturday all in one shot.
Taking a ride up the escalator to the metro from Basso Cambo.
Sneaking a pic on the A line.
Just out of the metro station in Le Captiole.
The outside of City Hall on one side.
This is the front, it leads out into this huge open square. I’ll take more pics of that in the daytime.
Worst lighting ever for a picture, but what the heck, I'll post anyways.
Me and my buddy Rob. Good guy he is, and man does he love his beer and soccer.
The biggest church in
St. Sermin from the front.
I know, I probably over did the one handed camera shots, but whatever. (I think my nose looks really crooked here, I dunno)
Random street in downtown Toulouse. All of the streets look like this except in the centers of town, where its a big roundabout with a park in the middle.
So after walking all of Toulouse, we couldn't find the Irish pub we were looking for, so we ate at this Chinese place called Asia City, which was just like eating back home! lol. Who wants to eat French food anyways?!?!?!
Good ole
Just like home right?
You cant rent bikes! What a genius idea.
Back down to the ghetto again.
EXIT --> It only took me 3 days to figure that out.




















2 Comments:
Yo you got to use the self-timed photo feature. It is such a fun game to play. Just ask Cliff.
matty boy, i am at work on a friday cracking the hell up at your commentary regarding the roundabouts and life as a pedestrian. you are too much. dont get hit by a cabbie like my friend did! haha just kidding matt's mom!
Post a Comment
<< Home